Subtle Sexual Harassment
(Trainer's GOLD Selection)
How do we take our discussion of sexual harassment beyond the obvious cases that everyone
already recognizes as wrong and explore the more subtle issues that must be addressed if
men and women are to be able to work together in an environment of respect?
Subtle Sexual Harassment Explores:
- the abuse of power in the workplace
- personal relationships and dating between employees
- peer pressure to conform to a work group's sexual values
- the challenges facing women or men in non-traditional work environments
- organizational liability in sex harassment cases
- rumors as harassment
- and much more.
Subtle Sexual Harassment is intended to take the titillation out of sex
harassment training and allow employees to go beyond the obvious cases most of us already
recognize as wrong. In so doing, we open our eyes and minds to the more subtle aspects and
impacts of our own behavior.
- Program 1, The Issue is Respect, tackles complex issues. What one employee
may consider sexual harassment, another may find perfectly acceptable. Both men and women
can be and are victims of hostile work environments and subtle Quid Pro Quo
behavior. The standards by which such behavior is measured are changing. Attorneys,
psychologists, human resource professionals and a troupe of exceptional actors take us
through the legal, psychological, cultural and moral issues.
- Program 2, Management's New Responsibilities, is an extension of
the first program in both style and content. We examine the legal liability issues and
questions of personal responsibility that managers and supervisors must face. We also
explore how we can create a workplace free of sexual harassment, the elements of a good
sexual harassment policy and how to handle complaints once they are received.
The training package is versatile and comprehensive. It offers 3 training options:
- A stand alone presentation of the videos
- Video showing followed by discussion
- A complete interactive course including exercises and discussion questions
Each program in Subtle Sexual Harassment includes several unusual
dramatizations designed to help focus and stimulate discussion. There are 9 of these
The Subtle Sexual Harassment series comes with a comprehensive Facilitator's Guide. Handout pages are incorporated into the guide. Trainers need only to decide which topics would be relevant for individual distribution and which to copy as transparencies. With the purchase of this series, QMR grants you license to make as many copies of the Facilitator's Guide or the handout / transparency pages as you need for your organization.